G Doc and the Prime Minister’s Challenge Fund (PMCF)
From Oct 2012 all 83 practices in Gloucestershire joined together to form a limited company, to allow us to bid for NHS services which may have otherwise gone to private companies. This company is called G Doc and Julia Tambini is the Director for the North Cotswolds.
South Western Ambulance Service submitted a successful joint bid with G Doc for the Gloucestershire Out of Hours service, and the new service started on April 1st 2015.
We have recently successfully bid for £4million under the Prime Minister’s Challenge Fund. This will fund 7 projects for 1 year across the whole of Gloucestershire, to be implemented during the year:
- Choice+ appointments for patients with non-complex on-the-day problems
- Pilot of video consultations in 10 practices. We have applied to be one of the practices.
- Health App – download now from your App store “ASAP Glos” and have a go.
- Social Prescribing – non medical help for social problems
- E Consultations pilot in 20 practices – we have applied to do this.
- GP input into Rapid Response teams in 3 localities (not in our area of the North.Cotswolds)
- Specialist Practice Nurses – a bank of Practice Nurses with special skills who can support a practice lacking that expertise eg. Diabetes, implanon fitting, COPD